- This training has passed.
LGBTQ Basics – Online
April 15, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This training will help professionals in all contexts feel prepared to serve, help, care for, and work alongside LGBTQ individuals.
Gender and sexual orientation are critical to who we are as people and impact a person’s day to day life, including one’s mental and physical health. Because of this, it is important for care providers to understand LGBTQ identities and work to eliminate barriers LGBTQ people face to getting affirming care. This training will help professionals in all contexts feel prepared to serve, help, care for, and work alongside LGBTQ individuals. It will also provide guidance for future learning and skill development in order to stay up to date on information regarding LGBTQ identities.
Objectives for the course include:
- Develop an understanding of the differences between sex, sexuality, and gender, and the language used to discuss each.
- Develop an understanding and skill in using different gender pronouns.
- Learn skills to reduce barriers members of the LGBTQ community face.
- Explore ways you can be more inclusive of LGBTQ people.
This training is for:
- Social workers
- Public health professionals
- Licensed Drug and Alcohol Counselors
- Medical providers (doctors, nurses, medical assistants)
- Anyone else looking to learn this information