- This training has passed.
Cancelled Motivational Interviewing Skills Practice IV: Learning Collaborative
December 6, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
This practice workshop will support the integration of the essential skills associated with motivational interviewing including the Spirit of MI, OARS, and reflective listening without engaging the righting reflex. Our focus will be on bringing together the four processes of MI; Engagement, Focusing, Evoking, and developing a Plan. We will use “real plays” to practice with the intention of increasing proficiency in your motivational interviewing skills.
Specific skills you will learn and practice:
- Engaging your client to establish a mutually trusting and respectful helping relationship.
- Focusing on a particular goal or direction for change.
- Evoking your clients’ own motivation for a particular change.
- Developing a specific change plan that the client is willing to implement.
PREREQUISITE: Must have taken MESH’s Motivational Interviewing series.