- This training has passed.
SOAR Fundamentals 2 Day Training – Bemidji
March 27, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
One event on October 2, 2023 at 9:00am
March 27 AND 28 – 2 Full Day Training
SOAR Fundamentals is a 2 day training providing information about the Social Security disability programs and disability determination process. Individuals will learn how to use the SOAR model to complete Social Security disability applications and learn about SOAR process in Minnesota. This training is intended to supplement the information learned in the SOAR Online Course with additional information about Minnesota’s SOAR implementation or as a refresher course. It is recommended individuals complete the SOAR Online training before enrolling in this course. This course does not take the place of the requirement to successfully complete the SOAR Online Course for DHS-contracted providers.
What will I learn?
- In-depth, step-by-step explanation of the Social Security disability application and disability determination process
- How to effectively complete an application for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- Minnesota’s implementation of the SOAR model
- How to screen potential clients
- Strategies for engaging clients in the application process
- Practical application tools by completing exercises and worksheet
Who should attend?
- DHS-contracted SOAR providers, case managers, outreach workers, PATH providers and advocates who assist or will assist individuals’ disability application processes
- Anyone who completed the SOAR online course and would like a refresher.
This is a 2 Day Training – cost: $45
Doors open at 8:30. A light breakfast, lunch & snacks will be served both days.
Questions? If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com
Questions about registration or payment? If you have any questions about registration or payment, please send an email to Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org