- This training has passed.
SOAR Fundamentals 2 Day Training – Metro
November 5, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This training is FULL. Please contact Michele at email@example.com to be placed on the waitling list.
SOAR Fundamentals Training: Assisting People Applying for Social Security Disability Benefits
What will I learn?
- In-depth, step-by-step explanation of the Social Security disability application and disability determination process
- How to use the SOAR process to effectively complete an application for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- Strategies for working with homeless persons with serious mental illness and co-occurring disorders – only a fraction of this population receives the benefits to which they are entitled
- Practical application tools by completing exercises and worksheets
Who should attend?
- Case managers and advocates who assist or will assist individuals throughout the disability application process
- Anyone who completed the SOAR training and would like a refresher
IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to complete the online class prior to the training: https://soarworks.prainc.com/course/ssissdi-outreach-access-and-recovery-soar-online-training
This is a 2 day training:
A light breakfast, lunch and snacks are provided
Questions about the training?
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about payment?
If you have questions about payment or registration, please send an email to Michele at email@example.com